Friday 30 October 2015

More News About My Family



Hello again everyone! 

I thought I would update my blog with more news of recent visits from, and to, my Scottish family.

Nana and Papa came to stay with Theo and me a couple of weeks ago so that they could keep us company while Mummy and Daddy went to a friend's wedding.

Papa brought me this cool night light.

Do you like it? 

We had fun finding all the countries and the oceans.

The sun came out the next day and Nana and Papa asked us if we wanted to go to the park to see the squirrels.

There were loads of them running around and we had fun spotting them all.

Nana had brought some bread to see if they would like to eat it. 

They did!

Papa held a piece in his hand and a brave squirrel ran right over and grabbed it before scurrying away up into the nearest tree. 

We soon ran out of bread, though, because Theo kept eating it. 

Nana and Papa thought it might be a good idea to take Theo and me for some lunch. 

Have I mentioned how much Theo likes to eat? It's his most favourite pastime!

Nana and Papa went home the next day, but we weren't sad because they told us that Mummy and Daddy were going to bring us up to Scotland a few days later. 


When we got there, our new wee cousin Bella drove over from her house to meet us again.

We hadn't seen her since she was just a few weeks old, and we were amazed at how she'd grown.












She seemed very happy to see us and she sat watching is playing.
















We don't think it will be very long before she's joining in with our games because she was really keen to show us how she was learning to move about.




Lots of our Scottish aunties and uncles came to say hello and Nana showed them all Bella's new baby walker.

Nana and Papa had bought it for her the week before so that she could feel at home when she comes to visit them. 

She seemed to take to it straight away. Here's a video of her first 'go'.



Soon it was time for me to show everyone the magic tricks I've been learning. Nana and Papa bought me a magic set because when Daddy was my age, he loved performing magic tricks to an audience.

I only got the set a few hours before the visitors came, but here's a video of me showing uncle Brian the 'disappearing wand' trick.







I've learned to do 5 tricks from my magic set and I even showed wee Bella one of them.

She looked very impressed!








Theo thought he'd like to have a go at performing some tricks as well.

He'd been watching me and thought he'd be able to manage the 'disappearing coin' one.

Once he'd practised it a few times, I suggested that he might like to try it out on wee Bella.







It worked! 

Everyone was amazed when the coin disappeared, then reappeared after the magic words were spoken. 


Nana held up the coin for the rest of the audience to see.









Bella was plainly mesmerised as you can see from this close-up shot of the performance!






Theo likes to show Bella things. 



For example, he figured out how to work her new musical toy then very kindly demonstrated how it works.

Have a look at the pictures Daddy took of him and Bella below.

He's a very helpful chap!














Bella was very impressed - and very grateful to her big cousin for taking the time to help her.





The day before we went home, we decided to spend some time in the park near Nana and Papa's house. 






Daddy and me had great fun playing in the trees there.






There was a big pond there with lots of ducks in it, too. 

Daddy really impressed Papa with his knowledge of duck species!









Of course, it wouldn't be a trip to Papa's house without him giving me some chores to do.

This time he asked me to help him lay his new deck.


























Here's a video Papa took of me doing some of the work.



Well, I'm back home in Manchester again with Theo, Mummy and Daddy. 

I'll be back on here again soon to let you all know about my latest adventures. 







No comments:

Post a Comment