Friday 23 January 2015

Theo's Special Weekend

 Luke here! 

I thought I'd write and tell you all about a special weekend my wee brother Theo had recently.

I was very proud of him - can you tell by the look on my face? 
My uncle Brian caught us snuggling up together in my bedroom when it was all over :-)

 It all started on the Saturday evening, when my mummy and daddy told us that we were going out for dinner to one of our favourite restaurants.


When we got there, we were so surprised to see lots of our relatives were sitting around the table. 

Some had travelled from Scotland, and others had come from London just to spend some time with us.

Theo was very happy that they'd come to visit ..... but he was also happy that there was lots of food around. Eating is one of his favourite pastimes. He's even started to help in the kitchen when mummy and daddy are making dinner :-)

My papa took this video of him enjoying his pasta.



After he'd finished eating, he even got one of my favourite drinks to try - a 'babyccino'. Yummy!

The next morning was very exciting as well! 

Some of our visitors came to our house and we all set off down the road.

I walked along with mummy while Theo was having a nap in his pram. 

My London and Scottish relatives had a nice chat. 

When we arrived at our local church, we met even more relatives who hadn't managed to the meal the night before.

It was very exciting!


Everyone was happy to be there and catch up with news.

Here's a picture of my uncle Graeme having a nice chat with my Grandma's brother, Allan. 

Allan and Hilary had travelled all the way from Brighton to be there for Theo's special day. 

That's where my Grandma lives too, but she couldn't come because she wasn't feeling well :-( 



In the church, my daddy woke Theo up from his nap and made sure he was looking nice and smart for his special day.











I stayed with my Nana and my Grandad.

 Theo, mummy, daddy, uncle Graeme, auntie Lyndsay, Allan and Hilary went up to the front.




















Theo looked interested when he saw water being splashed about.


But when the grown-ups asked him to lie back and put his head under it, he didn't look very keen.

He clung on to daddy and refused to look at anyone.








Daddy had an idea, though. 


He knows how much Theo enjoys bathtime and he asked him to pretend it was time to get his hair washed. 

Theo's always very brave when he gets the soap rinsed out of his hair.

It worked! 

Everyone thought that he would cry, but there wasn't a sound. I was with my Nana when she took this video. Have a look at how brave he was :-)


Afterwards we all had a lovely celebration back at our house.

That's me up there on my daddy's head .... well that's my feet.

It's great fun doing this!

It's a long way to the ground from up there, but I trust my daddy :-)

Theo was very pleased with himself and he loved the compliments that he got about his outfit. 

Uncle Gerry said he thought it would go really well with his cap.

He said that Theo could borrow it. 






Papa was a bit jealous, though. He's always wanted a 'bunnet' like that so he had to have a try. 

What do you think? 









I hope you like it, because another thing my Papa likes to do is dress the same way as his grandsons.

Here's one of my Papa's favourite matching outfit pictures. I was just 8 weeks old and it was a pure coincidence - but I think it started a trend :-) See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment